The Innovator Awards support researchers who are transforming great ideas into digital healthcare innovations that could have a significant impact on human health. Individuals and teams from not-for-profit and commercial organisations can apply. Organisations can be of any size, based anywhere in the world.
Researchers working in any discipline and on any type of digital technology can apply. Examples of digital technologies include:
- intelligent: artificial intelligence and machine learning
- data driven: data analytics and informatics
- immersive: virtual and augmented reality
- connected: internet of things (IoT), networks and sensors.
Your project must be innovative, disruptive and address an unmet healthcare need or challenge.
It should develop technologies that could result in significant, measurable changes in quality, speed, cost and/or outcomes.
Examples of the types of technologies we’re interested in could include (but are not limited to) those that:
- advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease
- provide support for clinical decision-making
- improve access to healthcare, treatment compliance and/or provide patient-led management.
We are particularly interested in technologies that:
- advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychosis
- accelerate, and reduce the cost of, drug development including target identification, trial design and drug repurposing
- make urgent and emergency care affordable and scalable in low- and middle-income countries.
The work that you propose must be essential for developing your healthcare innovation.
Call opens : 1 October 2018
Call closes : 3 December 2018
Available funding : between £500,000 and £1million
Project duration : up to 2 years
Further details: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/innovator-awards-digital-technologies