The Productivity Insights Network has announced an exciting opportunity for Early Career Researchers engaged in productivity research.
On 18-19 October 2018 the Productivity Insights Network will host a ‘sandpit’ style event for ECRs to develop proposals for new directions in productivity research. The two-day event will include roundtable debates and panel discussions with leading academics, policymakers and business leaders about the big questions and emerging issues for productivity researchers.
The broad aims of the sandpit are to generate research proposals from ECRs which can:
- advance understanding of the productivity puzzle in the UK
- address the key research challenges that are identified
- identify a common and cross cutting approach in the social sciences
- facilitate interactions between ECRs and established researchers
By exploring innovative new research ideas through this sandpit, the research themes discussed will be dependent on the attendees. The Productivity Insights Network is about changing the tone of the productivity debate and so we are looking for the participation of researchers from across the social sciences.
This opportunity is open to Early Career Researchers broadly defined as within four years of PhD submission or having held an academic position for less than four years (full-time equivalent). We are open to applications from PhD candidates writing up with written permission from their PhD supervisor.
How to apply
Further details on how to apply are available on the Productivity Insights Network website. The closing date for applications is 1 October 2018.
- Applications open: 3 September 2018
- Applications close: 1 October 2018
- Applicants informed of outcome: w/e 5 October 2018