- Have you applied yet? Deadline 23rd June! Find out more about the Athena SWAN Mentoring programme / Link to application
- Wellness and Networking Event – 4th July 2017 Docklands 2-4pm – All welcome. Click here to find out more.
- Find out the Race Equality Charter at UEL.
- We are members of ENEI and have recently been ranked 16 out of 44 comparison organisations which means that we’ve been ranked as a Silver Standard Employer
- And may be of interest:
- How to challenge racism in British Schools
- Why 14 black male Cambridge students posed for this photo
- WISE Member Webinar: Progressing female talent in academic institutions, 14 June, 14:30
- Making research articles freely available can help to negate gender citation effects
- ECU annual conference 2017 (7/8 Nov): inclusivity, intersectionality, action: moving forward the equality agenda in higher education.
Apply to be an Athena SWAN Mentor or Mentee
Interested in being a mentor?
- Do you feel able to contribute positively in the academic career development of a colleague?
- Willingness to share appropriate skills, experience and knowledge required.
- Previous experience of mentoring not required. Development and support provided.
Would you like support with your career development?
- Mentee applicants welcome from female academics or those aspiring to be academics – including postgraduate students.
Find out more and how to apply: Athena SWAN mentoring
There is a formal application and matching process for participation in the programme. Deadline for applications is 23rd June 2017 – 5pm. Link to the: application form.
Wellness and networking – A networking event facilitating discussion, key topics relating to health and wellbeing and an opportunity for an end of academic year get together
Sponsored by the UEL Women’s Network
All staff welcome
Date: 3rd July 2017
Time: Arrive at 2.00pm for refreshments, 2.15-3.45 facilitated discussion tables followed by networking (ends 4.00pm)
Place: Knowledge Dock, Docklands Campus
As we come to the end of the academic year, we would like to invite you all to a networking event – tea, cakes and collegial support and discussion. The event will include facilitated discussions on topics which affect us all and which contribute to our general health and well-being.
Topics will include the following:
- Balancing work and home – what family friendly policies are available at UEL to help?
- Resilience and positive mental health
- Civic engagement – find out more about volunteering
- To be confirmed
All welcome but space limited so book your space now.
Find out more about E&D at UEL: