New Opportunities for Research Funding Agency Co-operation in Europe (NORFACE), which is a partnership of national research funding agencies from 19 European countries and Canada in the area of social and behavioural sciences, has launched its sixth joint call for proposals entitled ‘Democratic Governance in a Turbulent Age‘ and structured around five challenges:
- Inequality and redistribution.
- The evolving politics of threat.
- The democratisation of information.
- Shifting identities and representation.
- The changing authority of institutions.
The call is open to consortia comprised of social sciences researchers from three or more participating countries, i.e.: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Ireland, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
The available budget is €17,6 million and is supported by the European Commission through Horizon 2020. Consortia can apply for both, small and large projects, with the maximum requested funding of €1,200,000 and a duration of minimum 24 and maximum 36 months.
The call comprises of two stages:
- Outline proposals: deadline on 19 February 2019; results in May 2019;
- Full proposals: deadline on 10 September 2019; results in March 2020.
Call documents are available on the NORFACE website. Applicants are advised to consider a recently published NORFACE Statement on Gender Equality