RESEARCH ETHICS SYMPOSIUM
Please join us at the Research Ethics Symposium on Friday 9th March 2018 from 9.30am – 4.30pm
The Symposium will be facilitated by the Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange and Chair of the University Research Ethics Committee (UREC), Dr Lisa Mooney.
The Research Symposium will be an interactive and informative day that will address the increasing expectations and changing framework of research governance, ethical review and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Topics to be covered:
- Principles of research integrity
- Code of conduct for research
- Responsibilities of supervisors and researchers
- Developments in research governance and the importance of ethical conduct and review
- Introduction to the new data protection legislation: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and research
- Risk assessments and research integrity and ethics case studies
Dr Andrew Rawnsley, Doctoral Training, Researcher Development & Governance Manager at Teesside University
James Parry, Chief Executive of the UK Research Integrity Office (UKRIO)
The Research Symposium will be held at Docklands Campus and a full agenda will be distributed soon.
To book a place on this event, please use the Researcher Development Programme booking system:
- Go to https://research.uel.ac.uk/8296q/research-symposium
- Enter your UEL username and password, and then click on “Login”.
Click on “Respond”, then click on “Attending” and then click on “Submit”.