As part of its mission to promote research collaborations between France and the United Kingdom, the Higher Education, Research and Innovation Department of the French Embassy in London aims to facilitate exchanges and meetings between researchers of both countries and reinforce their position within the European Research Area (ERA).
Objectives of this call
The Department provides the logistics and financial support for a 2-day meeting in London for a maximum of 20 researchers (per meeting) to meet, exchange and discuss priorities for an emerging collaborative project. Priority will be given to multidisciplinary applications.
This call is especially intended for teams willing to work on a practical strategy and/or prepare applications for funding (Horizon 2020, ANR, RCUK, etc.) for an international scientific collaboration.
The Higher Education, Research and Innovation Department will provide support for:
- Travelling costs for all the meeting participants (low cost air travel and equivalent 2nd class for train travel – European travels only);
- Accommodation and lunch catering for all the participants.
- Meeting facilities: all selected meetings will be hosted within our premises in London (6 Cromwell Place, Kensington, London SW7 2JN).
Experience shows that the best format for this type of meeting is as follows:
- Day 1: arrival and buffet lunch; afternoon dedicated to the presentation of the various institutions/laboratories involved and the specific skills each researcher can bring into the project;
- Day 2: participants work on the elaboration of the collaborative network within a European perspective.
Who can apply?
Each application (between 8 and 20 attendees) must be led by an existing relationship between a researcher from a French institution (universities, public research laboratories, private research institutions) and a researcher from a British research institution.
The additional partners can be based in other EU countries or ERA associated countries.
Research coordinators must come from a research institution. However, additional participants can represent any type of organization such as startups, companies, charities, etc.
All disciplines are welcome (medicine, biology, social sciences and humanities, physic, chemistry, arts, environment sciences …). However priority will be given to multidisciplinary proposal.